Think there’s any design magic on how to decorate with throws? It’s definitely a home accent you can’t live without, second to the pillow. But to get it right, it must appear effortless and casual, so it will take ‘effort’ and a few ‘throws’ to get it right. I’ve seriously repeated the process over and over as if it spontaneously landed in it’s desired spot. I know, obsessive. So think of your favorite cool hotels…they don’t feel as cozy without the throw folded neatly on the bed, right? So how many ways are there to ‘throw a throw’? Well, at least 5–and I even cracked myself up by naming them….Who knew?…xo PO
1. The ‘I JUST ROLLED OUT OF BED THROW’! (larger version required:-)
2. The ‘SOPHISTICATED THROW’. Fold neatly to layer with pillows. A bit ‘uptight’, but still cool.
3. The ‘I’M ALMOST A RUG, THROW’! A subtle corner hanging on the floor for an effortless and cool look. I’m dying over this guest room and the concrete!
4. The ‘ANGLED, THROW’! Toss on a corner for a punch of color and then sit a tray on top to keep people off of your white furniture:-)
5. The ‘HALF BEDSPREAD/HALF THROW’. A bit of an identity crisis here—either way, it’s a common hotelement in a boutique hotel.